AliasSeq different from just using the symbol name(s)?

z z at z.com
Thu Apr 15 19:38:04 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 15 April 2021 at 18:58:40 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> Without an example that shows the actual problem you
> encountered, it will be almost impossible for anyone to help
> you figure out what is causing it.
>
> Since you were not able to trigger it, it seems likely that the
> problem is related to something other than the AliasSeq which
> you have left out of the example.

I understand that it won't be possible to pinpoint the cause
without a reduced test case, but :

```D
int[] a,b,c,d,e;
void templatef(args...){/*...*/}
//...
auto seq = AliasSeq!(b,c,d);
templatef!(a,seq,e);
templatef!(a,b,c,d,e); //am i being mistaken for thinking these
two template calls should be equivalent in behavior?
```
And if not, does it mean that the problem i encountered is a
possible bug?