String concatenation segmentation error

tcak tcak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:44:58 UTC 2021

On Friday, 23 April 2021 at 00:30:02 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 April 2021 at 21:15:48 UTC, tcak wrote:
>> "positions" array is defined as auto positions = new float[
>> 100 ]; So, I am 100% sure, it is not out of range. "ri*dim +
>> 1" is not a big number at all.
>
> Oh and *where* is that positions variable defined?

I am doing OpenCL programming. CPU side is single threaded.

As far as I see, it is not related to that array or indices at
all. After running for a short time, if a piece of code does any
string/char or byte array concatenation at all, all of them cause
segmentation fault with error:

_D2gc4impl12conservativeQw3Gcx10smallAllocMFNbmKmkxC8TypeInfoZPv
()

When I comment out those piece of codes, there is no error.

If there is no known situation that would cause this, I will need
to update codes to C-style pre-allocate buffer and copy inside it
instead of concatenating data.