win64 DLL stdout printing after main process completes

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:50:01 UTC 2021

On Monday, 26 April 2021 at 14:44:53 UTC, cc wrote:
> I run a D program through the basic cmd.exe, it runs with no
> stdout buffering.

You'll find the same thing with C programs, since it is actually
the C standard library that does this buffering rather than D.

If it is writing to a character device (the only one I've ever
seen in practice is the Windows console, directly, not through a
pipe meaning this doesn't occur for terminal replacements or IDEs
or similar), it line buffers. Otherwise, it block buffers.