Visual D showing weird errors

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:54:36 UTC 2021

On Monday, 26 April 2021 at 08:00:08 UTC, Raimondo Mancino wrote:
> C:\D\dmd2\src\druntime\import\core\sys\windows\dll.d:
> \object.d(18): can only `*` a pointer, not a `typeof(null)`

Do you have a separate object.d in your current directory? That
can cause all kinds of weird errors.

Otherwise I suspect this is a conflict between two versions of
the compiler. If you had one installed before then updated it or
maybe if visual d installed a different one, this could be a
problem. So either some old files were left behind or there's two
copies installed and VS is running one but pointing at the other.
Or something.

The noreturn thing is relatively new making me think this might
be the case.

The compiler and stdlib are ridiculously tightly coupled so any
version mismatch can cause trouble.

just guessing though.