Visual D showing weird errors

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 17:37:26 UTC 2021

On 26/04/2021 10:00, Raimondo Mancino wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to the language; I just started learning it a few months
> ago. I'm doing okay with it, I find it very versatile and fast to learn.
> I come from Java and C/C++ and I think D solves tons of problems I had
> with these.
>
> I was trying the Visual D extension to Visual Studio, but after the
> first code generation (DLL library, x86 & x64 both checked), I get this
> weird error:
>
> ```
> C:\D\dmd2\src\druntime\import\core\sys\windows\dll.d:
> \object.d(18): can only `*` a pointer, not a `typeof(null)`
> ```

The problem is that the semantic engine used by Visual D is working with
the DMD frontend of 2.095, but "noreturn" is a new language feature
introduced with 2.096.

You can filter out messages from "Intellisense" in the Error List window
by selecting to show "Build only".

I hope I can supply a new version of Visual D with an updated semantic
engine soon.