Social chat in the forums

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Sun Aug 1 21:35:05 UTC 2021

On 02/08/2021 9:19 AM, Brian Tiffin wrote:
> Question, or suggestion.  In the Community forums, there is General and
> Announce.

Announce is only for announcements.

General is used sometimes for OT stuff, like I've congratulated Andrei
on the birth of one of his kids (I asked prior). Or some stuff about
COVID preparation.

> Where is the preferred place to *shoot the breeze*?  D adjacent, but
> off-topic and mostly social (with the *desirable* assumption that the
> audience is all D programmers and openly nerd minded).

Generally speaking, not here.

You might want to try Discord instead, long term searchable and we do
have an off topic channel that has been used for discussions about
things like electrical engineering. Although we do try to discourage
stuff like political discussion in there due to the potential conflict
it can create.