Two major problems with dub

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:25:58 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 3 August 2021 at 00:54:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> Given the way D works, and often template-heavy coding styles,
> I think it's going to be hard to do this correctly, without
> careful attention and lots of `version(has_xxx)` conditionals.
>
> -Steve

I don't think optional dependencies are truly the answer.
There are ways to fix this otherwise is to break dependency
chains when only a small part is used.
In this case:
- use a GC slice
- use malloc
- use std.experimental.allocator

My pet peeve is the isfreedesktop package.
https://github.com/FreeSlave/isfreedesktop/blob/master/source/isfreedesktop.d package :)
Yes it is annoying, but with a bit of copy-paste you can break
dependencies chain and avoid the npm situation where "640
packages were installed"