Conditional compilation: Which version identifier for release code ? version(assert) ?

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 11:01:56 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 09:18:08 UTC, wjoe wrote:
> If it's to be determined whether or not the code is being
> compiled in debug or release mode, i.e. e.g. the dmd
> ```-release```

You should never use the -release flag. It should be renamed to
"-enable-security-holes" since that's what it actually does.

Instead you can disable specific things as-needed, but.... it is
probably never needed. These are also never supposed to actually
change the behavior of your program, but in reality, like I said
they do tend to change it - by enabling security holes.