Generating C Headers From D Code

Tejas notrealemail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 17:02:33 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 16:28:35 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> I need to generate plain C99 .h files from a D module's
> extern(C) declarations, so that I can link a DMD generated .o
> file with a C code base. Are there any automated tools which do
> this?
>
> I know the compiler has C++ header generation, and there's tons
> of tools which exist for importing C headers into D code. I'm
> not aware of anything which goes the other direction. Google
> wasn't much help either.

I also can't find anything... until someone else comes with a
better answer, maybe you can do this:

Use the ```-H``` compiler flag to generate ```.di``` files.

Remove all the ```extern(C)``` decls in the .di files.

Rename the file extension from ```.di``` to ```.h```

Technically, it should work. Hopefully someone else knows better.