Setting a hard limit on slice size, is this possible?

james.p.leblanc james.p.leblanc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 16:32:59 UTC 2021

On Friday, 6 August 2021 at 11:58:59 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> struct MySlice(T, size_t maxLength)
> {
>     private T[] payload;
>     invariant(payload.length <= maxLength);
>     this(T[] slice) { payload = slice; }
>     T opIndex(size_t i) { return payload[i]; }
>     // etc.
> }
```

Paul,

Thanks very much for your reply.  I understand only
a fraction of the suggested solution.  I will need to
digest this a bit, and do some more background reading
on templates.

My initial, naive attempts to use this in a simple main()
were unsuccessful.  I'll keep plugging at it ...

Best Regards,
James