Nondeterministic unittest debugging problem.

Rekel paultjeadriaanse at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:30:29 UTC 2021

I am unsure where to mention this as I am utterly lost as to what
the issue is, which I can simply best describe with 2
screenshots. Though I'll first give a short description.

For some reason my debugger is "\<Unable to read memory\>" for
one of my variables in one of my unittests. This is however not
the case when a random unused variable is inserted in front of
it. (For reference I'm building the unittest using something
similar to `dub build --build=unittest --config=unittest --force
--archType=x86_64`, though the project is a library thus there
are some complications:
https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1856#issuecomment-899022431)

Not readable:
![](https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6bt3gaxu05om2j/Fout.png?dl=0&raw=1)
Readable:
![](https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnj3ugmuoh339oi/Fout2.png?dl=0&raw=1)

```d
int x = 0;
Mat!(3, 3, float) a = Mat!(3, 3, float)([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,
9]);
```

Note the x variable is entirely unused while Mat is a struct of a
union that is essentially just a 2d array of floats.

I have no more clue where to look as I have no clue what could
cause this, am I overlooking something trivial? Thanks in advance.