how to import .lib library

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:57:41 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 15 August 2021 at 10:40:36 UTC, jfondren wrote:

>> Yeah, that's not possible. You either need the source or a set
>> of D interface files that declares all the symbols you need.
>
> Meaning, it is possible. On Windows where I assume these .lib
> files are:

I mentioned C libraries in an earlier post. But the OP did not
say whether the library is a C library or a D one. If it's a D
library, then you can't simply declare the functions locally
because the module name is part of the fully-qualifed name. You
absolutely need the source or the interface files.

Declaring C functions locally where you need them is fine if you
only need a handful of sybmols. But when you need multiple
functions and types from the API, that's going to get unwieldy.