Getting a working example of opIndexAssign using opSlice ... have troubles ...

james.p.leblanc james.p.leblanc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:54:05 UTC 2021

On Monday, 16 August 2021 at 10:48:19 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:
> On Monday, 16 August 2021 at 06:36:02 UTC, james.p.leblanc
> wrote:
>> To be honest, I am not exactly sure what is happening here. I
>> am unfamiliar with the "(T : T[])" syntax ... need to read
>
> That is template argument secialization. You're saying that T
> can be accept only types that are arrays of T, where : reads as
> 'extends'.
>
> Now T : T[] might introduce cyclic reference, so more correct
> would be: foo(T : Z[], Z)(...)
>
> Here you say that T might accept only types that are arrays of
> Z elements.
>
> Regards,
> Alexandru.

Alexandru,

That is very helpful information.  It also answers a nagging
question I have been worried about.  Specifically, that "T : T[]"
bothered me even though I was unfamiliar with the syntax ... now
I understand the situation better.

Best Regards,
James