How to get element type of a slice?

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:21:31 UTC 2021

Hello folks,

Hope everyone is doing fine. Considering the following code, in
the first condition, I am extracting the type Point from the
slice Point[]. I searched in the std.traits, and could not find a
neater solution something like ElementTypeOf!T. Is there any
neater solution for it? Thanks in advance.

```d
     static if (isArray!VecPoint){
         VecPoint dummy;
         alias Point = typeof(dummy[0]);
     } else static if (isRandomAccessRange!VecPoint){
         alias ASeq2 = TemplateArgsOf!VecPoint;
         alias Point = ASeq2[0];
     } else
         static assert(0, typeof(VecPoint).stringof ~ " type is
not supported");
```

Ferhat