Non-consistent implicit function template specializations

Rekel paultjeadriaanse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:10:49 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 17 August 2021 at 18:46:05 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I don't have such problems because I am not smart enough to
> understand that syntax so I don't use it. :) I use template
> constraints (which have other problems).

Yeah, they seem to be a bit more trustworthy to some extent.

> If you want 2 dimensional arrays, then you can use
>
> import std.range;
>
>   isArray!T && (isArray!(ElementType!T))

I tried looking into how isArray is defined. Like, does being
able to index mean it's an array, or are these only static &/or
dynamic arrays? Though I couldn't understand the sourcecode.
Hence I just use(d) `is(typeof(variable[0]))` and
`is(typeof(variable[0][0]))`.