Vibe.d error

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Mon Aug 23 15:03:07 UTC 2021

On Friday, 20 August 2021 at 17:39:29 UTC, JG wrote:
> On Friday, 20 August 2021 at 10:50:12 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 19:51:00 UTC, JG wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> There might be incompatibilities with how openssl is used and
>> the installed openssl version or config.
>>
>> If you are getting this from having https enabled on the
>> server, I would recommend instead switching to HTTP-only and
>> using a reverse proxy such as with nginx or caddy to serve it
>> with HTTPS.
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, we are getting this
> with HTTPS enabled. May I ask why you suggest not to use HTTPS?

I think you might need to restart the server whenever you update
the SSL certificates + in every app you need to pass in your SSL
certificate location somehow or hardcode it, which if you make
all your apps yourself you can do consistently, but otherwise
creates inconsistencies which can be hard to maintain.

On the other hand if you use a single reverse proxy like with
nginx or caddy for all the HTTPS services it can reload them all
at once and use the same config for everything. Additionally the
are better supported by ACME services like LetsEncrypt or ZeroSSL
through built-in plugins, etc.

But most importantly: these services have undergone much more
testing for security than vibe.d, so you can generally expect it
to be less likely to have critical bugs in API usage.