Module import incompatibility

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Tue Aug 31 12:37:51 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 31 August 2021 at 12:26:28 UTC, frame wrote:
> I'm sure it was asked before but can't find the thread:
>
> How to deal best with an older library that uses the same class
> name as module name?
> I get a lot of
>
> `Error: module ABC from file ...ABC.d must be imported with
> 'import ABC'`
>
> Do I need to rename all modules?

The problem is that the file doesn't have a module statement so
the compiler tries to resolve the module name from the import but
is unable to resolve that properly.

The fix here is the module must have a module statement but since
it's a library then you probably need to go into said library and
fix it manually.

There's really no other fix I believe.