A pass() identity range?

D Lark dlark at example.com
Thu Dec 2 15:03:47 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 2 December 2021 at 14:53:31 UTC, D Lark wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 December 2021 at 14:47:17 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> This is why it's generally frowned upon to revive old threads:
>> the information they contain is often out of date, and
>> potentially misleading to anyone who reads them without
>> looking carefully at the timestamps.
>>
>> [1]: https://phobos.dpldocs.info/std.range.tee.1.html
>> [2]: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/1965
>
> I had see the std.range.tee, but it does not appear to me to be
> the same as itertools.tee. I think with std.range.tee you get
> an input range and an output range out of an input range. With
> python's itertool.tee you get two or more input ranges from an
> input range (hence my claim earlier that it sort of simulates
> forwardRange.save).

Even in the present day, it seems there still exists a
misconception. **Beyond the name there is not much similarity
between the two, so I think my question is still valid**.

Because it does not seem like that from the tone of responses I
have gotten: I did my due diligence, I believe, before posting my
original reply to the old question. I had looked at the docs and
also searched the forum. There is no need for the patronizing
tone you have taken.