How to pass a class by (const) reference to C++

Jan Jan at Krassnigg.de
Wed Dec 15 10:54:45 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 15 December 2021 at 09:36:54 UTC, Jan wrote:
> Unfortunately it's the "annoying little details" that I
> immediately bumped into.

Just another example: I just learned that linking against C++
DLLs is quite limited. I ran into the issue that linking in an
external variable doesn't work (even though the mangled name that
D chooses is correct), because DLLs work differently than static
linking does.
Someone with more in-depth knowledge told me, that Windows
support in D and specifically DLL support is lacking quite a bit.

Having *only* link compatibility is totally fine, D currently
just doesn't fulfill that promise, especially not on Windows and
especially not with DLLs.