Is there a place I can learn LLD inline assembly with GCC syntax?

Johan j at j.nl
Wed Dec 15 21:57:39 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 15 December 2021 at 09:26:28 UTC, rempas wrote:
> I want to learn how to use inline assembly for LDC with GCC
> syntax specifically so I can support all the targets (as
> [here](https://wiki.dlang.org/Compilers) it is said that DMD
> intel-like syntax only supports the "i386" and "amd64" targets)
> but I cannot find anything other
> [this](https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC_inline_assembly_expressions)
> outdated page where It seems that it doesn't work (at least not
> for the sys_write example). Any ideas?

The wiki page you linked to describes LDC's own inline assembly
syntax, which supports all targets but is no longer recommended.
If you want GCC-style inline assembly, it's probably best to have
a look at GCC's documentation:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Extended-Asm.html
and examples here in LDC source:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/druntime/pull/171/files