How to pass a class by (const) reference to C++

Jan Jan at Krassnigg.de
Wed Dec 15 22:46:01 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 15 December 2021 at 22:33:15 UTC, Tim wrote:
> I agree that __gshared should imply static. That's probably a
> bug in the compiler.
>
> Using `extern` without `export` would only work with static
> linking (on Windows). `export` without `extern` would be
> exporting the variable for others, like `__declspec(dllexport)`
> in C++. `export` and `extern` combined imports the variable,
> like `__declspec(dllimport)`.

That's all very helpful, thanks for the explanations guys.

Btw. should I report this issue somewhere? Is far as I see this
isn't logged yet:
<https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=c%2B%2B%20extern%20static>