FreeBSD 13 : wrong kernel version and size of kevent_t

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Wed Dec 22 10:05:25 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 22 December 2021 at 09:49:59 UTC, eugene wrote:

> It looks strange - leading D compiler is not in Linux/FreeBSD
> repos :)

Well no so much. The only official compiler is DMD and when it
comes to that, Digital Mars, has pre-built binaries for most
Linux distros and for FreeBSD. Now the repos are another thing
like I told you in a previous reply. The repos are managed by the
distro maintainers and not the developers individual. D is a very
unpopular language so it makes sense that not every distro (and
freeBSD) have up to date packages. Some distros are not rolling
release in general. FreeBSD (if I'm not mistaken) never promoted
themselves as bleeding edge either. However, both DMD and LDC2
developers have up to date binaries for every platform they
support. GDC is part of GCC so it's another story.... Also I
prefer to use my distro's repos too for everything (and I can do
that because I use Arch btw) but this is not possible every time.
Downloading and installing binaries from other sites should be do
some times, especially if you use non-bleeding edge distros or
*BSD.