First time using Parallel

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 16:49:10 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 26 December 2021 at 15:36:54 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> On Sunday, 26 December 2021 at 15:20:09 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo
> wrote:
>> So if you use `workerLocalStorage` ... you'll get your output
>> in order without  sorting.
>
> Scratch that, I misunderstood the example. It doesn't solve
> ordering. The example works because order does not matter for
> addition. Sorry for spreading wrong information.

  Maybe. I did notice that the early stuff a bunch of output was
getting mixed up;
```
         0x      0x      0x      0x      0x      0x      0x
0x35    /*33,   /*,     /*,     /*115,  /*,     /*3,   /
*9,     /*3410*/*/
```

Which i assume it's doing several small write calls and different
threads are acting at the same time. So if I do an appender
string and then outputted the string as a single bock that would
likely go away; Though it wouldn't help with ordering.

  **IF** I didn't have to wait so long to get results and wanted
them all at once in order, I would write the results to the
offsets of an array and then output it all at once at the end
(*and since they'd have their own offset to write to you don't
need to lock*).