How to print unicode characters (no library)?

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:59:53 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 28 December 2021 at 06:46:57 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> It's actually just the first byte that tells you how many are
> in the sequence. The continuation bytes don't have redundancies
> for that.

Right, but they do have that high bit set and next bit clear so
you can tell you're in the middle and thus either go backward to
the count byte to recover this character or go forward to the
next count byte and drop this char while recovering the stream.
My brain mixed this up with the rest of it and wrote it poorly
lol.