Is there a way to make a function parameter accept only values that can be checked at compile time?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Tue Dec 28 21:19:29 UTC 2021

I would like to know if that's possible. Actually I would like to
do something like the following:

```
extern (C) void main() {
   void print_num(int num, comp_time_type int mul) {
     static if (is(mul == ten)) {
       printf("%d\n", num * 10);
     } else static if (is(mul == three)) {
       printf("%d\n", num * 3);
     } else {
       printf("%d\n", num);

   int multi = 211;
   print_num(10, 3);     // Ok, accept this
   print_num(10, multi); // Error, do not accept this
}
```

So I want to have "mul" only accept values that can be calculate
at compile time so I can use it with things like "static if". Is
this possible?