Using the Standard Library with C++ Interop

wolfiesnotfine aloysuiswolf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 21:40:29 UTC 2021

On Friday, 5 February 2021 at 21:11:20 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> tbh I'd say just don't use betterC, you can still runtime init
> from C++ and be judicious in what features you use to keep it
> more minimal.

Hmm. I'm mostly concerned about issues or slowdowns in mixing the
manual memory management with GC, as well as the increased binary
size of including the GC runtime as I can ultimately just turn
the GC off. This is however certainly the better solution. In any
case, I'm unsure how I would runtime init from C++. Is there a
specific function I should call? Could this be done at compile
time in a consteval or constexpr function? Many thanks.