Restricting D applications to a single instance

Preetpal preetpal.sohal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:59:31 UTC 2021

On Monday, 22 February 2021 at 02:39:58 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 2/21/21 9:29 PM, Preetpal wrote:
>> I want to restrict a D application to a single instance. Is
>> there a way to do this using the D standard library?
>
> When you say "application", you mean a class or type?

I actually meant that you cannot have two instances of an
application (executable) running at once.

So for example, if the functionality were implemented for a text
editor, you would only be able to open one process (or instance)
of that text editor. Like if you were to double click an
executable on Windows in file explorer repeatedly, it would only
open once, not multiple times.