DUB is not working correctly

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:27:19 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 24 February 2021 at 16:46:20 UTC, Maxim wrote:

> Sure, here are dub.json contents:
> {
> 	"authors": [
> 		"Max"
> 	],
> 	"copyright": "Copyright © 2021, Max",
> 	"description": "A minimal D application.",
> 	"license": "proprietary",
> 	"dependencies": {
> 		"dsfml": "~>2.1.1"
> 	},
> 	"targetType": "none",
> 	"targetName": "app",
> 	"name": "test"
> }
>
> I just want to run it by typing 'dub run'. But the error
> message says that I need to set targetType to none, add
> targetName and dependencies for it.

ok, you don't need targetType in this case, setting it to none
means it will do nothing.

the original message likely related to dsmfl which haven't been
updated since 2016, maybe you can try another package, for
example bindbc-smfl (there is older 'derelict' series, and
'bindbc' series which is newer and recommended over derelict)

https://code.dlang.org/packages/bindbc-sfml