DUB is not working correctly

Maxim mogulevmaxim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:34:29 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 24 February 2021 at 16:13:48 UTC, Maxim wrote:
> Hello, I have problems with working in dub environment. If I
> try to init my project with 'dub init', all needed files will
> be created successfully. However, when I run 'dub run', the
> manager gives me an error:
>
> 'Configuration 'application' of package application contains no
> source files. Please add {"targetType": "none"} to its package
> description to avoid building it.
> Package with target type "none" must have dependencies to
> build.'
>
> If I set targetType in dub.json to "none", the only message:
>  'Package with target type "none" must have dependencies to
> build.'
>
> will remain. When I set targetName to "app" or any other name,
> the problem will appear again with the same message above. I
> flicked through many forums and videos how to correctly install
> dub, and nothing helped.
>
> I am using dub 1.23.0 built on Sep 25 2020 on Windows 10 x64.
> Will be very thankful for your help!

I think, I need to rephrase the question for the present
situtation: how can I force DUB to change targetName? It doesn't
read my changes in dub.json, and I don't know why. In my opinion,
that happens because of DUB can't accept my changes to the file.
But how to make the manager admit it? I apologize to everyone who
understood me wrong.