Socket handle leak and active handle warning with Vibe-D

Selim Ozel sozel at wpi.edu
Fri Jan 1 22:07:28 UTC 2021

I created the simplest possible example as explained by the
Vibe-D community in [1]. The exact source code of what I run is
in [2].

On Windows I get a socket handle leak warning on shutdown with
crtl+c from terminal after running the executable.

> [main(----) INF] Listening for requests on http://[::1]:8080/
> [main(----) INF] Listening for requests on
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/
> [main(----) INF] Please open http://127.0.0.1:8080/ in your
> browser.
> [00000000(----) INF] Received signal 2. Shutting down.
> Warning: 2 socket handles leaked at driver^ Cshutdown

On Ubuntu 20.04 I get leaking drivers warning with the same
process.
> [main(----) INF] Listening for requests on http://[::1]:8080/
> [main(----) INF] Listening for requests on
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/
> [main(----) INF] Please open http://127.0.0.1:8080/ in your
> browser.
> ^C[main(----) INF] Received signal 2. Shutting down.
> Warning (thread: main): leaking eventcore driver because there
> are still active handles
>    FD 6 (streamListen)
>    FD 7 (streamListen)
>
> Warning (thread: main): leaking eventcore driver because there
> are still active handles
>    FD 6 (streamListen)
>    FD 7 (streamListen)

I really don't know what this is all about but it is at the core
of my Vibe-D development. So any pointers you might have would be
very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://vibed.org/blog/posts/a-scalable-chat-room-service-in-d
[2] https://github.com/SelimOzel/vibe_noLeaks