DConf talk : Exceptions will disappear in the future?

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:43:40 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 7 January 2021 at 19:35:00 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Whether or not something is inlined has nothing to do with what
> line number it was written in.

Okay, I've tried it out, and it seems it isn't the problem in the
binary case as the code was first compiled and the inlined, so
the line number is correct in that case.

For source code inlining however, the direction is simply
opposite. Therefore, compilation of inlined code have to respect
the original line number pointing to the throw statement in the
inlined function.

I think D can handle this, I hope so.

>"Debugging information" can be included in production code.

Yes, but exception line numbers aren't debug infos rather they
are passed implicitly as argument to the exception class
constructor.