DMD support for Apples new silicon

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:29:45 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 10 January 2021 at 16:03:53 UTC, Christian Köstlin
wrote:

> Good news!
> I was hoping for support in ldc, but dmds super fast compile
> times would be very welcome. I guess it's more work to put an
> ARM backend there.
>
> Kind regards,
> Christian

It is indeed more work and up to the DMD leadership what should
happen.

You can already switch between compilers with:
   dub --compiler dmd
   dub --compiler ldc2

so as to benefit from dmd fast build times, and then release with
ldc.

Apple Silicon and Rosetta 2 are really quite fast, so you should
experience pretty quick build times there anyway.