How to debug D on Linux

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:23:05 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 4:10 PM Roguish via Digitalmars-d-learn <
digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 14:17:51 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
> wrote:
> >
> > Same thing.
>
> Clear, thanks.
>
> I'm just discovering today that DMD and LDC are two different
> compilers. I got a different impression from the following
> webpage, which claims that ldmd2 is a wrapper invoking ldc2.
>

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35515138/ldc2-vs-ldmd2-whats-the-difference
>
> Perhaps this is just a peculiarity of how D is distributed on
> Debian? I simply installed the 'ldc' package from Debian's
> official repos, and that contains both a binary called ldc2 and
> one called ldmd2.

There are 3 main compilers which share same frontend,
DMD (using own backend), LDC2(llvm backend) a GDC(gcc backend)

ldmd and gdmd are some wrappers to make similar interface for compiling
with any of these compilers.
So generally dmd, gdmd and ldmd2(on some distribution ldmd without 2)
should have accept same args

So calling <dmd or gdmd or ldmd2> -arg1 -arg2 -arg3 should do the same but
with different compilers behind the scene.