Why many programmers don't like GC?

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:43:20 UTC 2021

On Monday, 18 January 2021 at 07:11:20 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
wrote:
> On Monday, 18 January 2021 at 01:41:35 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
>> Those were not aberba's words, but the author of the first
>> link, in which one does find a conceptual, high level
>> description of GC.
>
> I read it, it said nothing of relevance to the D collector.
> That is not TLDR informative.

It talks how the use of GC is desired even in a game engine like
Unreal. Several AAA title's have been built on Unreal.

Apparently you can't convince people who have made up their mind
about GC being a bad thing for D.

Nevertheless, GC in D isn't going anywhere. And if the approach
for writing nogc code in D doesn't cut it, then I'm not what else
will.