isCallable fails

frame frame86 at live.com
Thu Jan 21 05:20:27 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 20 January 2021 at 21:57:59 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 January 2021 at 19:01:19 UTC, frame wrote:
>
> Oh, look, it compiles with no errors. All that effort, and I
> *still* couldn't reproduce the issue you described in your
> original post. Guess I wasted my time for nothing!

Ok, really thank you for your effort - but I was talking about
the error first (did you even read it?). I have explained that
isCallable gets valid data and not void. I was asking if someone
has encountered this kind of error before and can give my a hint
what *could* going on.

I was not asking here to re-produce my code or debug since it
cannot provide a snippet if I do not know what could cause the
error.

The example code just should illustrate that isCallable is called
on a valid way and "alias this" may cause the problem (as I
assumed) - that's all.

Sorry, but you "wasting your time" more by unnecessarily
commenting which isn't appropriate here.

--

So back to topic:

The error is a circular dependency (and no, it's not just in
loadAllMatched!TDobj, it's something deeper). "alias get this"
leads to parsing get() when isCallable is called. Is there any
way to avoid running in this issue?