dustmite on dub project

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:04:29 UTC 2021

I have a bug report in mysql-native that if you try to create the
following file, and add mysql-native as a dependency it fails to link on
Windows 10:

import std.stdio;
import mysql;

void main()
{
	writeln("Edit source/app.d to start your project.");
}

You might recognize that as the default dub file, with an extra import.

The link error is:

testmysql.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_D5mysql12__ModuleInfoZ

So I figured I'd try dustmite, and used:

dub dustmite ..\dusted --linker-status=1

The result after almost 2 days: a bunch of directories with mostly no d
files, and no source code in any of the d files.

What did I do wrong? Is this even worth trying again? 2 days is a long
time to tie up my windows vm.

-Steve