Compile time check for GC?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:28:21 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 26 January 2021 at 16:08:15 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> std.traits.hasAliasing?

I guess, but it will limit me too much. I should accept Element
types that manage their own memory and has pointers to sub-ojects
that don't point to GC memory. But I guess that would require a
language extension or I would have to establish my own protocol
(basically some enum I can test for, I guesss).

> enough. One can compile a betterC library using your code,
> which is then used by a GC-allocating app, which means your
> library is told betterC is in use while compiling the template,
> but the GC is still involved.
>
> So there doesn't seem to be a way to be sure that a pointer is
> not a GC pointer.

:-/