Why filling AA in shared library freezes execution?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jan 27 15:25:17 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 02:39:08PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 14:36:16 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> > (btw as for me fixing it myself
>
> oh edit, I should point out it also requires some degree of language
> change to match what Microsoft's C++ does. They do dllimport and
> dllexport annotations to help the compiler generate the stuff. So that
> prolly is another complication to actually merge it. "Breaking"
> changes lololololol as if it can get more broken than it is now.

I'm surprised this stuff hasn't been fixed yet, considering Walter
(mostly?) works on Windows. Has he never run into these issues before?

One reason that few people are aware there are programs running the internet is that they never crash in any significant way: the free software underlying the internet is reliable to the point of invisibility. -- Glyn Moody, from the article "Giving it all away"