F*cked by memory corruption after assiging value to associative array

tsbockman thomas.bockman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 22:57:11 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 18:09:39 UTC, frame wrote:
> there must be multiple instances of GCs running because

Sharing data between multiple threads that each use a different
instance of the D GC will definitely not work right, because each
GC will only know to pause the threads and scan the roots that it
has been directly informed of.

There is supposed to only be one instance of the D GC running per
process. If you have more than one running then either you aren't
linking and loading the DLLs correctly, or you have run into a
serious bug in the D tooling.

> Or my debugger lied to me.

I have found the gdb debugger on Linux often breaks horribly on
my D code, especially when it is multi-threaded, and the debugger
is only semi-usable. Maybe the Windows debugger is better now? (I
wouldn't know, since I haven't used it in a while.) I think
skepticism is warranted here.