unittests and imported modules

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jan 28 20:03:34 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 07:44:59PM +0000, kdevel via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Today I moved some functions to a new module within the same package
> and ran
>
>    dmd -g -i -unittest -checkaction=context -main -run <filename>.
>
> dmd reported
>
>    5 unittests passed

Which version of dmd is this?  In the latest releases, this inaccurate
message has been replaced with:

    5 modules passed unittests

The count displayed is not the number of unittests, but the number of
*modules* that passed unittests.  I've no idea why the original message
was worded in such a misleading way, but it should have been fixed by
now.

Why did the mathematician reinvent the square wheel?  Because he wanted
to drive smoothly over an inverted catenary road.