Why filling AA in shared library freezes execution?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jan 29 15:34:49 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:45:02PM +0000, Imperatorn via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 15:25:17 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 02:39:08PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via
> > Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > >
> > > oh edit, I should point out it also requires some degree of
> > > language change to match what Microsoft's C++ does. They do
> > > dllimport and dllexport annotations to help the compiler generate
> > > the stuff. So that prolly is another complication to actually
> > > merge it. "Breaking" changes lololololol as if it can get more
> > > broken than it is now.
> >
> > I'm surprised this stuff hasn't been fixed yet, considering Walter
> > (mostly?) works on Windows. Has he never run into these issues
> > before?
[...]
> Anyone knows what it would take to fix it?

Somebody who (1) knows enough of compiler internals to be able to fix
this, (2) is intimately familiar with how Windows dlls work, (3) is
desperate enough to do the work himself instead of waiting for someone
else to do it, and (4) is stubborn enough to push it through in spite of
any resistance.

Never wrestle a pig. You both get covered in mud, and the pig likes it.