How to profile compile times of a source code?

Johan j at j.nl
Sun Jan 31 20:12:31 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 31 January 2021 at 16:39:12 UTC, Boris Carvajal wrote:
> On Sunday, 31 January 2021 at 16:13:24 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
>> Does ldc produce traces in a format that Tracy supports? I
>> can't seem to open the generated *.time-trace files with it.
>> (tracy 0.7.5-1 installed from Arch Linux AUR.)
>
> Use the 'import-chrome' tool bundled in Tracy to convert it.

Indeed. It's a little annoying that you will see many horizontal
'traces' in tracy and probably will have to scroll all the way
down to see the actual LDC trace.
It's a tradeoff I made between nicely displayed trace block
names, vs. using only a few categories... Maybe other people can
chime in a figure out a better way of outputting the trace item
names (we are using LLVM functionality here btw).

-Johan