Is there an alias for standard libraries to use in import statement?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 08:50:54 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 4 July 2021 at 07:40:44 UTC, BoQsc wrote:
> I just started with a fresh look at the D language and would
> like to be able to rewrite this code:
>
>> import std;
>> void main()
>> {
>>     writeln("Hello D");
>> }
>>
> Into more readable standard library name:
>>
>> import system;
>> void main()
>> {
>>     writeln("Hello D");
>> }

You can use named imports, but then you have to use the name as a
namespace:

```
import system = std;
void main()
{
     system.writeln("Hello D");
}
```

> These were the examples that might feel more readable and
> natural than simply a three letter junction:
>> import std;
>

> What do you think?

If you're worried about the readability of `std` by itself, don't
use it by itself. Import the specific modules you want:

```
import std.algorithm, std.range, std.stdio;
```

or whatever. It's a non-issue, IMO. It's not like anyone using D
doesn't know what std is.