Find a char among string (string.findAmong.char)

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:08:11 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 6 July 2021 at 11:35:14 UTC, BoQsc wrote:

> I tried out .canFind method, and to test it I removed the
> letter 'o' from the Alphabet.
> Weirdly enough .canFind method still found 'o' letter among the
> Alphabet.
>
> https://run.dlang.io/is/2Fvenf

Looks like it has something to do with the alias. Static arrays
aren't ranges, so you should really be seeing the same error you
would if you passed `letters` directly.

Change the `canFind` call to take a slice of the array:

```d
if (letters[].canFind(letter)){
```

And it outputs the following as expected:

```
k letter is found among the alphabet.
```

This warrants a bug report with a minimized example.