Can I get the time "Duration" in "nsecs" acurracy?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Fri Jul 9 21:13:02 UTC 2021

On Friday, 9 July 2021 at 20:54:21 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Friday, 9 July 2021 at 20:43:48 UTC, rempas wrote:
>> I'm reading the library reference for
>> [core.time](https://dlang.org/phobos/core_time.html#Duration)
>> and It says that the duration is taken in "hnsecs" and I
>> cannot understand if we can change that and choose the
>> precision. Does anyone know if we can do that?
>
> It is stored internally in "hnsecs", but you can convert it to
> other units using the `total` method [1]; for example,
> `myDuration.total!"nsecs"`.
>
> [1] https://dlang.org/phobos/core_time.html#.Duration.total

It doesn't work for me. I have the following code:

```
MonoTime start = MonoTime.currTime();
// Doing stuff
MonoTime end = MonoTime.currTime();
Duration dur = end - start;
dur = dur.total!"nsecs";
```

and I get the following error message:

"Error: cannot implicitly convert expression \`dur.total()\` of
type \`long\` to \`Duration`"