Manipulate and parse jasonb object in timescaledb(postgresql)

jfondren julian.fondren at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 23:53:19 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 14 July 2021 at 21:56:11 UTC, Alain De Vos wrote:
> With good select operators i can extract the data i need for
> instance:
>
> select measurement->'room.temperature' from mytable;
>
> Now how to process that further as json object ? or jsonb
> object in dlang ?

You'll need to either lean on postgres's support for jsonb
querying to avoid having to pull a jsonb string into D, or you'll
have to write a jsonb library. I don't see one in dub, and it's a
bit hard to search for C libraries for it that you might
interface easily with (or even where the type is defined. Is it a
postgres invention?)