Please help me understand this function signature: std.stdio.File.byLine

Scotpip geoff at variosoft.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 22:33:56 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 15 July 2021 at 21:23:58 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> My personal favorite approach to D template functions is to not
> think of them as templates in the first place, but rather as
> functions with *compile-time* parameters (in addition to the
> usual runtime parameters).

Thanks - that *does* seem like a helpful analogy.

D's generics look pretty powerful to people like me who have only
encountered them in Java and C#. I'm not writing libraries so I
probably don't need to get too deep into the weeds, but they are
clearly one of the standout features and well worth digging into!