interface function member declarations needing parameter attributes ?

someone someone at somewhere.com
Sun Jul 18 03:27:04 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 17 July 2021 at 21:01:00 UTC, Adam Ruppe wrote:

>> From the interface perspective: are these signatures identical
>> or not ?
>
> No, they are very different.

This helped me solve an issue that I carried since a few days ago:

I have an interface with function members *not* being declared
@safe (at first glance it seemed irrelevant to me just to mark
@safe a declaration and not an actual implementation).

I also have former @safe member functions in classes implementing
this interface that at some point I did have to take out the
@safe declarations because the compiler didn't like them anymore
due to some change I made which I didn't link to them, and from
the on I did not quite understand why it was complaining since
everything seemed perfect to me (as usual ha).

Now that I marked the ones in the interface @safe I can also mark
the ones implementing them @safe again and now everything is
@safe and working properly.

Another day, another lesson learned.