Integer programming in D?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:37:01 UTC 2021

On Monday, 19 July 2021 at 12:39:41 UTC, Arredondo wrote:
> Is there an integer linear programming/discrete optimization
> library for D? an equivalent to the JuMP library for Julia for
> instance. Doesn't have to be too big, I really only need to
> solve a few smallish binary linear systems, but taking a quick
> look at code.dlang I did not immediately find anything.
>
> Cheers!
> Arredondo.

glpk can handle mixed integer programming problems. Since it is a
C library, it would be pretty easy to call from D but I don't see
a binding or anything available. I would try to call it with dpp
and if that doesn't work then something else like dstep.

There is probably scope for building a wrapper on top of it that
makes for a more D-like interface.