How to Fix Weird Build Failure with "-release" but OK with "-debug"?

apz28 home at home.com
Thu Jul 22 18:38:43 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 21 July 2021 at 20:39:54 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 July 2021 at 14:15:51 UTC, Steven
> Schveighoffer wrote:
>> 2. It's hard for me to see where the null dereference would be
>> in that function (the `bool` implementation is pretty simple).
>>
>> -Steve
>
> DMD complains about dereferences in three different lines. I
> suspect it's `this` reference that is `null`.

Look like DMD has some bug. If I changed this line
https://github.com/apz28/dlang/blob/02989b94bfe306d723f2780e010c61f71f873cbe/source/pham/db/db_fbdatabase.d#L148

from: auto reader = FbXdrReader(null, response.data);
to: auto reader = FbXdrReader(fbConnection, response.data);

then the error go away. FbXdrReader constructor allows to accept
null for that parameter. Is it "safe" means not allow to pass
null?